top of page

Refugee Job Bulletin

Find employers who are recruiting under job opportunities 

Applying to jobs

Work authorization is required to obtain a job in the United States. Having an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also known as Form I-766 by United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, is one way to prove work authorization for refugees. You do not need to apply for an EAD if you fall under any of the following categories: US citizen, Legal Permanent Resident (green card holder), nonimmigrant visa holder (H-1B, L-1B, O, P Visa). For more information on the EAD, visit the USCIS website here


People who are searching for employment opportunities are typically referred to as "applicants" or "candidates". Employers will generally publish their available job opportunities online through third-party websites or on their own company website, where candidates can apply for the jobs. It is also normal for applicants to request a job application from certain companies in person, although online applications are most common. 

Before applying to a job, applicants should prepare a résumé, also referred as a curriculum vitae (cv). Most employers will request either a résumé or cv. A résumé is more practical, usually based on competence that highlights a candidate's skills, achievements, and previous work experience. A cv will showcase credentials and is associated with academia, scientific research, and medical fields. A cv will typically indicate professional memberships, publications, certifications, and research experience.  

Job Opportunities 

The following online tools are available to search for active employment opportunities. 

Job Bulletin

The 5ive Pillars Organization is always looking for ways to connect job applicants with hiring managers. 


Visit this page regularly for updates on job opportunities across Northern California. 

bottom of page